The experience, knowledge and
passion you need on your side
James A. Abate Esq.
- Criminal Defense
- Municipal Court
"I focus on Criminal Defense & Municipal Court Cases for several reasons: First, many people arrested for crimes have no previous experience with the law. They need two things: They need to be educated and they need a good advocate.
They come from all walks of life, all ages, all professions, and are both male and female. Most importantly what they need from me is knowing that everything is going to be ok and the way I tell them that is by giving them the information that they need to make decisions. I can make a difference in somebody's life, I can educate them and then ultimately be the best advocate possible for their case."
What Makes Me Uniquely Qualified To Defend You?
Personalized & Uncompromising Legal Representation
Over A Decade of Legal Experience
Prosecutor and Litigator with New York offices of National law firms
Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
100% Involved in Your Case
(no junior associates or paralegals)
National Association of Subrogation Professionals
How Will You Be Treated By Me?
When you hire me, you get me. Not an inexperienced associate or partner you have never met. I appear with you at every court date from beginning to end.
I will keep you informed of everything that is happening in your case, every step of the way. I will advise you as to how I believe the court is likely to resolve the issues in your case, and I will proceed as you tell me.
I will defend you and fight for the very best possible outcome in your case based on the facts and circumstances specific to your situation
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1999
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Markhoff Scholar
- Honors: Trial Team, Semifinalist, 1998
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Cornelius T. Wickersham Award
- Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, New York
- B.F.A. - 1996
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Somerset County Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- New York Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Tort, Insurance, Business, Litigation and Property Section
Current Employment Position
- Eastern District of New York at the United States Attorney's Office, Law Intern
- United States District Judge David G. Trager
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified in the administration of the NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFSTs)
- Certified in the administration of the NHTSA Drug Recognition Evaluations (DRE)