DWI Checkpoints And Increased Patrols Planned Throughout New Jersey
In an attempt to make people safe and keep impaired drivers off the roadways, checkpoints will be setup by the Law enforcement all over New Jersey. Other than that, extra patrols will be on-duty to keep individuals driving on the roads secure by arresting any intoxicated drivers.
Multiple DWI checkpoints and increased patrols planned in New Jersey are as follows:
- DWI checkpoints will be setup by the Monmouth County DWI Task force on Ocean Avenue in Monmouth Beach. The checkpoint will be set up from Saturday 10 p.m. and will end on Sunday 2 a.m. On-duty cops will stop motor vehicles and any DWI suspected drivers from the southbound lanes into the Monmouth Beach Cultural Center parking lot.
- From 21st of August, the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign will be started to make people safe on the roadways; the Mahwah Police Department will play its role in it. Random patrols and DWI checkpoints will be setup in Mahwah to arrest individuals who get behind the wheel after consuming alcohol.
- In Spring Lake, a DWI checkpoint will be conducted from 9 p.m. on Saturday and it will end at 1 a.m. on Sunday. On-duty cops will stop cars from the southbound lanes of Ocean Avenue into the Brown Street Parking lot.
- As a part of “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign, drivers who will be driving under the influence will be arrested by Law enforcement officials from Union. DWI checkpoints will be setup by local law enforcement officials to take impaired drivers into custody.
- A grant of $5,000 is provided to the Wyckoff Police Department by the New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety which will be used for checkpoints and patrols that will be looking out for impaired drivers.
- Multiple checkpoints will be setup all over Ocean County at selected locations which have not been made public. Local police agencies will setup these checkpoints using funds provided by the Ocean County Board of Chosen Freeholders and the New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety. Detectives from the Prosecutor’s Office and Sheriff’s Department K-9 Unit will collaborate with the agencies to assist in making the citizens safe.
- A grant of $5,000 is provided to Parsippany-Troy Hills Township Police which will help add extra patrols to keep intoxicated drivers away from the roadways; the planned time duration of the effort is 2 weeks. The effort will start from 21st of August and will end on 7th of September.
- As part of Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign, law enforcement officers from Bloomfield will be looking for individuals who will drink and drive. The campaign will be started from 21st of August and it will end on 7th of September in which local and state law enforcement officers will arrest intoxicated drivers through roving patrols and checkpoints by pulling over suspected DWI drivers.
- From 21st of August to 7th of September, DWI checkpoints will be conducted by the Mendham Township Police Department. The location of the DWI checkpoint will be Route 24 in the area of Sunrise Lake and Tempe Wick Road, which will start at 8 p.m. and end at 3 a.m.
- Holmdel, Woodbridge and New Brunswick will play their role in the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign that will begin from 21st of August and end on 7th of September.
News Source: www.Patch.com