Rolo Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Rolo® Chewy Caramels in Milk Chocolate, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans if using.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 Rolo candy, covering completely. **
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press one side of each ball into pecan mixture. Place, nut side up, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F. for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
Get your questions answered – call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (908) 210-9755